UK COUNTRY NEWS Updates & Features

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

UK COUNTRY NEWS Updates & Features

Postby livewire » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:30 pm

UK COUNTRY NEWS/ FEATURES

Acoustic premiere Steve Young's “Home For The Summer” - BLOG POST

CAROLYNNE (Poole) announces new single 'Take the Keys' - BLOG POST

UK band Outlander release new single 'This Girl's Fire' - BLOG POST

The Shires, release 'Beats To Your Rhythm', first single from brand new album MY UNIVERSE.
Listen & Vote on the new single - BLOG POST
A cross section of 800 Brits aged 18 and over were quizzed over their music tastes and consumption, read more
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Re: UK COUNTRY NEWS Updates & Features

Postby Moshe » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:21 pm

Canary Wharf Nashville Meets London free festival next weekend features a variety of British & American acts. I am looking forward to seeing Hanna rose Platt, a singer-songwriter from Liverpool. She has a tendency to quirky, unusual songs. I quite like some of them & it will be interesting to see her live opening up proceedings on Sunday (2PM).
90's country star Ty Herndon headlines on Saturday.
http://canarywharf.com/arts-events/even ... stance_id=
Saturday 13 & Sunday 14 August
Sat 2-10pm / Sun 2-9pm
Canada Square Park
Canary Wharf
FREE
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:17 am

Moshe wrote:Canary Wharf Nashville Meets London free festival next weekend features a variety of British & American acts.

And BEER meets Moshe (aka Donald Trump Facebook hater #Labour Party champion #pisshead)
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:28 pm

livewirer wrote:
Moshe wrote:Canary Wharf Nashville Meets London free festival next weekend features a variety of British & American acts.

And BEER meets Moshe (aka Donald Trump Facebook hater #Labour Party champion #p*sshead)

P*sshead? :shock: ?? Or, to some of us, all round nice guy who enjoys a beer or two!
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:47 am

Thank you Kev!

Well done on getting that pick! I look a bit grumpy there, I was just a bit tired at that point. I had just got to the festival, was tired & took one of the few available seats.
I realised after that it was just behind the artist table where merchandise is sold & the acts come to meet & greet fans. That is a British lass whose name I forget. Not a bad singer. At one stage she did a media interview just in front of me, but for the most part it was signing CD's for fans & having selfies done with them. That's the singer in red, me with a pint & a flash shirt, & another lass with her.

BTW, Labour party champion? Not at present. Can't stand Corbyn, don't care much for Owen. I have been called a blairite, but don't recognize that description either ;)
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:19 am

Moshe wrote:Thank you Kev!
That is a British lass whose name I forget. Not a bad singer. At one stage she did a media interview just in front of me, but for the most part it was signing CD's for fans & having selfies done with them. That's the singer in red, me with a pint & a flash shirt, & another lass with her.

BTW, Labour party champion? Not at present. Can't stand Corbyn, don't care much for Owen. I have been called a blairite, but don't recognize that description either ;)

The names Megan O’Neill - WEBSITE http://megan-oneill.com/ | FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/Meganoneillmusic
I saw some of her set at C2C2016 but headed off to another stage.
Seems to be the live events are best place of Brit acts to SELL their music because based on iTunes & Amazon their sales are tiny even for brand new singles and albums. It's not looking like Gary Quinn's new album will have longer than a 5 DAY shelf live (2-5 par for the course) on iTunes Country Top 200.
Will do a write up based on research on Nashville Meets London.
I'd rather have Corbyn than that Welsh windbag/ opportunist Owen who wants to disregard the public's Brexit vote, overturn it and keep "us" in Europe.
Moshe I cant understand why your Labour heroine Yvette Cooper didn't stand again or Andy "basking in Hillsborough glory" Burham. Seems like Yvette is more interested to be sat in the Strictly Come Dancing audience watching hubby Ed Balls.
The pic and comment above was a bit of a joke just like the current state of Labour.

UKCountryRadio.com celebrated their 9th Birthday Party And Awards on Saturday 3rd September 2016 at the Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport.
UKCountryRadio.com whose claim is they play "The Hottest Country Music for the UK, 24 hours a day", stated they have a fabulous night lined up with a three-course dinner, live performances from Blue Genes, Steve Young, Thorne Hill, Wayne Jacobs, This Is Country, Jacqui Sharkey, Grand Prairie and & The Breeze.
CEO Allan Watkiss said UKCR favs Grand Prairie were "fantastic". To my ears truly awful.

Here is the full list of winners:
UK Country Artist Of The Year – RAINTOWN
UK Male Country Singer Of The Year – THORNE HILL
UK Female Country Singer Of The Year – ZENNE
UK Country Duo Of The Year – HOLLOWAY ROAD
UK Country Group Of The Year – GARY PERKINS & THE BREEZE
UKCountryRadio.com Listener’s Club Song Award – WAYNE JACOBS – ‘PAWS OF WAR’
UK Country Album Of The Year – RAINTOWN – ‘WRITING ON THE WALL’
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:15 pm

COUNTRY MUSIC ISSUE 1

NEW The UK's FINEST Country Music Magazine
"The place where great writing meets great music"

The magazine was exclusively announced at the UKCountryRadio.com Club Awards when Steve Faragher from Anthem Publishing presented an award. UKCountryRadio.com exclusively announced his brand new quarterly music magazine focusing on country titled COUNTRY MUSIC.
It was slated to be out on the 28th of September "it’s going to have lots of great country music in it. We love country music, we hope it going to be the place where great writing meets great music. I’m so excited because I’ve interviewed The Shires, Ward Thomas, Florida Georgia Line, Eric Church, Lucie Silvas all for the first issue, it’s going to be immense” shared Steve.
It will be on sale in W.H.Smith, HMV, Tesco’s and Sainsbury’s

So the market research must say there is a gap in the market for an increased interest in Country Music in the UK.
Will it take a chunk out of Maverick and Country Music People's sales?

Order by phone UK: 0844 856 0642 | Overseas: +44 (0) 1795 414 877
Online: https://anthem.subscribeonline.co.uk/Pr ... t-201?utm_ £6.99 (including delivery)
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:39 am

livewirer wrote:COUNTRY MUSIC ISSUE 1

The magazine was exclusively announced at the UKCountryRadio.com Club Awards when Steve Faragher from Anthem Publishing presented an award. UKCountryRadio.com exclusively announced his brand new quarterly music magazine focusing on country titled COUNTRY MUSIC.
It was slated to be out on the 28th of September "it’s going to have lots of great country music in it. We love country music, we hope it going to be the place where great writing meets great music. I’m so excited because I’ve interviewed The Shires, Ward Thomas, Florida Georgia Line, Eric Church, Lucie Silvas all for the first issue, it’s going to be immense” shared Steve.

So the market research must say there is a gap in the market for an increased interest in Country Music in the UK.

Online: https://anthem.subscribeonline.co.uk/Pr ... t-201?utm_ £6.99 (including delivery)

Hmmm ... looks remarkably like the thing that was launched a few years back which disappeared after 2 issues (and that with about 6 months between the two!). If this new thing is as turgid and as out of date a read as the previous thing, I give it a miss! Immense? We'll see!

kev

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:35 am

kev wrote:

Hmmm ... looks remarkably like the thing that was launched a few years back which disappeared after 2 issues (and that with about 6 months between the two!). If this new thing is as turgid and as out of date a read as the previous thing, I give it a miss! Immense? We'll see!

Kev, superficially it does look a bit like that. Big glossy corporate magazine.
I was not at all impressed with the Classic Rock Country mag. I didn't even know there was a second issue.
This one is very much better, IMO
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby foot-tapper » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:23 pm

Moshe wrote:
kev wrote:

Kev, superficially it does look a bit like that. Big glossy corporate magazine.
I was not at all impressed with the Classic Rock Country mag. I didn't even know there was a second issue.
This one is very much better, IMO
Happiness is a voyage - not a destination
foot-tapper

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:49 am

UKCountryRadio.com have thanked everyone who's ordered their brand new 2017 Calendar.
Apparently orders have been flooding in for UKCR's very first calendar, which is "packed full of great photos from our 9th Birthday Party And Awards in September".
There are pages for The Danny Lee Band, Steve Young, Grand Prairie, UK Male Country Singer Of The Year Thorne Hill, UK Country Group Of The Year Gary Perkins & The Breeze, Blue Genes, Listeners' Club Song Award Winner Wayne Jacobs and UK Female Country Singer Of The Year Zenne.

FUNDS will go to help securing their 10th Birthday Party and Awards in 2017
UKCR's CEO writes: Order your copy by November 15th to guarantee getting it in time for Christmas.
http://www.ukcountryradio.com/calendar.php

Wouuld you pay £12 for this!
EG Here's another page from their 2017 Calendar.
This week, it's the turn of UK Female Country Singer Of The Year Zenne "Country Gal" !!!

Is this a month you'll be looking forward too!

http://www.ukcountryradio.com/calendar.php
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:58 am

British CMA Awards 2017
It appears that it now The British Country Music Association Awards rather than BCMAwards (British Country Music Awards)
It's MOVING from London to Wolverhampton and appears they will NOT this year have a presence large stall at the Town Square Area at C2C
Best of British the very best of UK Country music
When: 21st October 2017 - 7:00pm
Where: The Robin 2 (20-28 Mount Pleasant, WV14 7LJ Bilston)
Tickets: Non Members - £20 | Members - FREE

British CMA Awards 2017
Tickets £25.... 10% discount for members.
VIP tickets £50 including pre-show reception with meet and greet and priority seating.
When: 22nd October 2017
Where: Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton (North St, WV1 1RQ)
http://www.bcmawards.co.uk/

Carolynne to release new EP 'Coming Back to Me' in April - BLOG POST

UK Trio DAHLIA announce new band member Abi Phillips and hot UK Tour dates - BLOG POST

THE WRITING WAS ON THE WALL: Major weekend programme changes at Radio 2
I notice that Janice Long and Alex Lester overnight shows have been scrapped, now this...
Bob Harris Sunday is slated to come off the Sunday schedule to work on other projects, including Bob Harris Country which continues on a Thursday evening.
Bob Harris, talking about leaving the Sunday show, said: “I’ve put my heart and soul into the programme and have been given the freedom by Radio 2 to express my musical passions. I feel incredibly proud to have championed new music with BBC Introducing to bring breakthrough artists on to the show. I’d especially like to thank my listeners who have supported the programme for the past 20 years. But I have some very exciting new projects coming up and making this decision will allow me to dedicate a little more time to them. And I’m really looking forward to still bringing the Radio 2 audience more of the very best in all things country in my weekly show – Bob Harris Country.”

Grant & Forsyth are proud to announce they received a 'Lifetime Achievement Award' at the 30th Anniversary Irish World Awards

Ward Thomas annouced they are to play C2C2017 on Fri March 10th C2Cfestival 4pm Radio 2 stage GRAPHIC

The Shires My Universe has gone GOLD - PHOTO
The last few months it has been advertised on ITV and discounted at Amazon, Tesco & HMV ranging from £3.50 - £5 for the CD.
Do you think this is an insult to the loyal fans who pre-ordered or bought the CD on its release week :?:
Are The Shires devaluing their own art :?: Will fans not be so keen to pre-order album #3 if their (Decca UK) policy is to heavily discount, from December to now, just a few months from the release date :?:
The Shires with My Universe fell 17-29 in their 21st frame with estimated sales 2,500 and a 20 week total estimate 99,500!
A pretty good estimate as at went GOLD on Friday 24 February 2017 sales of 100,000+
It received Silver Certification (60K sales) on 23 December 2016

* GIG ALERT *
Two Ways Home present songwriter night 'The Round Up', Thurs 2nd March FREE ENTRY - BLOG POST
Spotlight & New To You features on BCMAwards Female Vocalist Laura Oakes, Emily Faye & C2C 2017 bound Jake Morrell
With C2C just around the corner, get in the mood with this FREE London event at the Metropolitan live
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Sat May 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Batley country singer Jade Helliwell's spontaneous duet with a busker goes viral - Blog Post
VIRAL VIDEO nearing 16 million views! Jade Helliwell’s FORGET THE NIGHT (EP) climbs to #1 on the UK Country Album iTunes Chart and #8 on the overall UK iTunes chart.

UKCountryRadio.com Country Awards 2017 - Voting ends Midnight Sunday May 14th soon - Blog Post

* Spotlight Feature * Nashville Nights UK: Past, Present & Future Events - Blog Post

livewire

Supreme Member

Postby lo&m » Sun May 21, 2017 8:54 pm

Can see the Whitney Houston influence there.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby livewire » Sun May 28, 2017 10:30 am

Fancy a good bucking on a Saturday night......
Line dance into the early hours :?:

Yes there is yet another new Country event and no surprises it's in LONDON (yet again) the new UK Capital for Country Music!
There's another chance for London's Country Clive (aka Moshe) to put on his dodgy check shirt and cowboy boots.

Buck' N Bull presents Southern Saturdays
http://www.bucknbullsaloon.com/
Learn to line dance to the latest sounds coming out of Nashville.
Dominate the bronco to win a £50 bar tab and be crowned the first Saddle Up bull riding champion.
Listen to the latest country releases and party to the hottest tunes from music city!
Officially supported by Chris Country Radio, Think Country UK & Country Music Podcast

Southern BBQ (6pm)
Saddle Up Bull Riding Competition (7-9pm)
Line Dancing Taster (8pm-9pm)
Two Ways Home Live Set (9pm)
DJ (Baylen Leonard) & Line Dancing (10pm-2am)
WHEN: 17 June 2017
WHERE: The Vauxhall Arches, London SW8 1RT
Tickets http://www.bucknbullsaloon.com/buytickets.html Advanced Earlybird: £8 General Entry: £12
livewire

Supreme Member

Next

Return to UK Country music