Fort San Antone - Bryan White

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Fort San Antone - Bryan White

Postby Alex Evans » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:52 am

On 24th August 2012 Fort San Antone is hosting US recording artist Bryan White (www.bryanwhite.com). Also performing that evening is UK artist Chris Raddings. Price on the door is only £5.00 per person. Full details of the club can be found at http://www.fort-san-antone.com
Alex Evans

Re: Fort San Antone - Bryan White

Postby CJ » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Is it correct that Bryan White will not have a backing band and that he will be using tracks?
CJ

Supreme Member

Postby Alex Evans » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:35 am

No CJ that's incorrect, where did you hear that? Although no backing band Bryan's set will be acoustic. He's also doing some other dates with Tim McKay who will be on stage at some point with Bryan at Fort San Antone.
Alex Evans

Postby CJ » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:20 pm

Alex Evans wrote:No CJ that's incorrect, where did you hear that? Although no backing band Bryan's set will be acoustic. He's also doing some other dates with Tim McKay who will be on stage at some point with Bryan at Fort San Antone.

So actually, it's not incorrect as he will have no backing band. Tim McKay as well as Chris Raddings? Hmm, quite a big show then, but however will all the linedancers manage with an acoustic set?
CJ

Supreme Member

Postby Alex Evans » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:18 pm

He won't be using backing tracks though.
Personally who gives a €$%# about the linedancers lol it's a Country music club at the end of the day :D
Alex Evans

Postby CJ » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:09 pm

Alex Evans wrote:He won't be using backing tracks though.
Personally who gives a €$%# about the linedancers lol it's a Country music club at the end of the day :D

Come on Alex, everybody knows it's primarily a linedancing venue, you only have to look at the list of artistes that perform there.
CJ

Supreme Member

Postby Alex Evans » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:18 am

CJ wrote:Come on Alex, everybody knows it's primarily a linedancing venue, you only have to look at the list of artistes that perform there.

FSA has NEVER has been primarily a line dance venue CJ. Always been a Country venue where people can line dance if they choose, even the owners will tell you that if you ask them. Unfortunately the last couple of years because attendances are down, in order to make a profit or some nights only just break even and more than a few nights at a loss, the acts booked have had to come within a stricter budget. Which means more solos & duos and only the occassional band. But that reopens up a whole other debate.
Alex Evans

Postby CJ » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:39 pm

Alex Evans wrote:On 24th August 2012 Fort San Antone is hosting US recording artist Bryan White (http://www.bryanwhite.com). Also performing that evening is UK artist Chris Raddings. Price on the door is only £5.00 per person. Full details of the club can be found at http://www.fort-san-antone.com

So Alex, what did you think of Bryan White then. From what I hear, he was not very good at all, not at all what we expect from a minor american country star. Also, you got the price wrong, it was £8, not £5. It'll be very interesting to hear what Brian from Cross Country has to say about his appearance at Leeds Anglers. Apparently, he was just as bad there.
CJ

Supreme Member

Postby Alex Evans » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:23 pm

Unfortunately CJ, I was unable to attend as my Mum is seriously ill in hospital so can't personally testify to how well Bryan White performed. I have spoke to Wayne though and Bryan received a lot of compliments. The only disappointment being he performed solo and a lot of people enquired if he was returning with a full band at a later date.

I can also confirm the price was £5 on the door as advertised so who ever told you other wise was misinformed.

As someone else who didn't attend please tell me what were your expectations of a "minor american country star" and why weren't they met?
Alex Evans

Postby CJ » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:18 pm

Sorry to hear about your mum Alex, hope she gets well soon. My very good friend who attended with his wife and some friends was very disappointed with Bryan White's performance, saying he was not as good as many british artistes he has seen at FSA. As I was not there myself I have to rely on his judgement, which, I have to say, has always been good in the past.
CJ

Supreme Member

Postby Alex Evans » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:09 pm

Thanks for the sentiments CJ.

Looks like the difference in opinions of people who attended mght just be a simple case of "one man's Hank Williams is another man's Garth Brooks" :D
Alex Evans

Return to Country Club Gig Guides